Chlorophyll water has been gaining popularity as a health drink that can offer various benefits, especially for weight loss.
Chlorophyll water is a drink made by adding liquid chlorophyll, a water-soluble form of the green pigment found in plants, to plain water.
In this article, we will explore how chlorophyll water can help you shed those extra pounds and improve your overall health.
Please note that different product links have been added to this article. I will receive a small commission if you purchase any product. No extra burden will be placed on your budget. No extra burden will be placed on your budget. Thanks
Table of Contents
What is Chlorophyll and How Does It Work?
It is an essential part of the photosynthesis process, which allows plants to convert sunlight into energy. Chlorophyll also has a similar molecular structure to hemoglobin, the red pigment in human blood that carries oxygen. This similarity makes chlorophyll a blood-building food that can increase the amount and quality of red blood cells in the body.
Chlorophyll also has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can protect the body from oxidative stress, inflammation and infection.
Chlorophyll can also bind to toxins and heavy metals in the body and help eliminate them through the digestive system. This detoxification process can improve liver function, helping in weight loss and immune system.
How Can Chlorophyll Water Help You Lose Weight?
Chlorophyll water can aid in weight loss by:
- Suppressing appetite and cravings. A 2014 study published in the journal Appetite1 found that chlorophyll supplements reduced hunger and increased satiety hormones in overweight women. Chlorophyll water can also help regulate blood sugar levels and prevent spikes and crashes that can trigger cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Boosting metabolism and energy. Chlorophyll water can increase the oxygen levels in the blood, which can enhance cellular respiration and energy production. A higher metabolism can burn more calories and fat even at rest. Chlorophyll water can also provide natural energy without caffeine or sugar that can cause jitters or crashes.
- Improving skin health. Chlorophyll water can improve the appearance and health of the skin by reducing inflammation, bacteria and free radicals that can cause acne, wrinkles and other skin problems. A 2015 study2 showed that chlorophyll gel applied on the skin improved acne and large pores in participants after three weeks. Drinking chlorophyll water can also hydrate and nourish the skin from within.
- Reducing body odor. Chlorophyll water can act as a natural deodorant by neutralizing the odor-causing bacteria in the mouth and body. A 1957 study3 found that chlorophyll supplements reduced bad breath and body odor in patients with colostomies and ileostomies.
The popularity of chlorophyll water has increased as people have become more concerned about their health. Here you can find chlorophyll products that you can trust. Check it out
How to Make and Drink Chlorophyll Water
To make chlorophyll water, you will need liquid chlorophyll, which is available at health food stores or online. You can also use powdered or tablet forms of chlorophyll, but they may not dissolve as well as liquid chlorophyll.
To make one glass of chlorophyll water, simply add one teaspoon of liquid chlorophyll to eight ounces of plain water. You can also add some lemon juice or honey for extra flavor if you like. Stir well and enjoy!
You can drink chlorophyll water anytime of the day, but it may be best to drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or before meals to maximize its benefits. You can also drink it after workouts to replenish your fluids and oxygen levels.
The recommended dosage of chlorophyll water varies depending on your weight, health condition and goals, but generally speaking, you can start with one glass per day and gradually increase to two or three glasses per day as tolerated.
Precautions and Side Effects of Chlorophyll Water
Chlorophyll water is generally safe and well-tolerated by most people, but it may cause some side effects or interactions in some cases.
Green stools or urine. This is a normal and harmless effect of chlorophyll consumption, as it indicates that chlorophyll is being excreted from the body.
Digestive issues. Some people may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or cramps after drinking chlorophyll water, especially if they consume too much or too fast. To avoid this, start with a small amount and drink it slowly. You can also drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins and ease the digestion.
- Allergic reactions. Some people may be allergic to chlorophyll or its sources and experience symptoms such as skin rash, hives, itching, swelling or breathing difficulties. If you have any known allergies to plants or metals, consult your doctor before taking chlorophyll water.
- Drug interactions. Chlorophyll water may interact with certain medications and affect their absorption or effectiveness. Some of the drugs that may interact with chlorophyll include blood thinners, diabetes medications, immunosuppressant’s and photosensitizing drugs. If you are taking any prescription or over-the-counter drugs, consult your doctor before taking chlorophyll water.
Chlorophyll water is a simple and natural way to boost your health and weight loss efforts. It can offer various benefits such as suppressing appetite, boosting metabolism, improving skin health, reducing body odor and more.
- Important Note: Chlorophyll water may also cause some side effects or interactions in some cases, so it is important to be aware of the precautions and consult your doctor before taking it. Chlorophyll water is not a magic potion that can replace a balanced diet and exercise routine, but it can be a helpful addition to your wellness regimen. Try it for yourself and see how it works for you!